Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CAUTION!! Object in picture is way cuter than it appears!


A few weeks ago I was totally inspired by a beautiful tulle wreath that Courtney made, over at Between U & Me. I rarely meet people who are as obsessed with tulle as I am. (did you SEE my wedding dress. Hello.) But when I do, its instant BFF! So I've been dreaming about doing one and I finally did!

After a mere, say four-ish hours of work??? But WELL worth it, I absolutely love it!

Here's what I did:

I began with a wreath i found at a thrift store for a dollar. Nice.
I bought five yards of black tulle and cut strips about 3 inches thick and cut to the length I though would look good.
One spool of orange ribbon.

I wrapped the entire wreath in tulle so I had a black base to begin.
I then cut my orange ribbons, spaced them evenly and tied them in a double knot spaced evenly around the wreath. (See pic below.)
I then took my strips of tulle and cut each end to create points. (hence the four hour timeline!)
I then began tying, and tying, and tying some more until it was as full as I wanted it! I used all but maybe half a yard of the original five yards!


My hubs plopped down in our 'dining' room with me and cleaned his guns....for those of you married to hunters, you know. Hunting season! He's so sweet, its great having a partner to share hobbies with, even if we have different hobbies.
Once it was done I used my Cricut and cut out several size spiders and hot glued them on. I also added a little bling with some table rhinestones I had left over from the wedding!

Tah dah!!!!!!!!!! The pictures absolutely do not do it justice. It appears blury, but its only the tulle and the shadows. Its so cute, I even took it to work Monday for 'Show and Tell.' Yes, I brought back show and tell, just so I could show it off. ;-)
Thanks, and I hope you like it! Its holiday season, so go make some wreaths!!!!!!
Love and blessings,

Dyna
All Thingz Related
My Craftie Life
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That is too cute!! I LOVE Courtney with Between U & Me! She is great!! I love the wreath! :)

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wreath! It turned out so cute. Great idea with the spiders. I wish that I had all of the cartridges. Thanks for coming over and linking to Tuesday Tell All. I love to have new friends come over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Lovin' the tulle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the tulle wreath!

    i've seen alot of wreaths linked up to the FALL FESTIVAL, but your wreath is the first tulle. cute cute!

    thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/4-spider-wreath-ideas/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete