Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I got the Green thumb!

Sooo
, we've decided to stay right where we are for one more year, which is fine with me. Moving ranks right up there with doing a resume. So, I have made it my mission to not hold back, and treat it exactly as I would a house that we owned. We are fortunate, this apartment is rather large, two bedrooms, and my favorite thing, a nice-sized, secluded patio.

My latest project has been to get my sweet potato vine something to climb on. My hubby came up with a nice little contraption that is working nicely, isn't it so cute! I put it through the screen to start training it about two weeks ago and taaaddaaaa....it just took off!


This is my lantana and some lovely grass in a pot... I always like the simplicity of that.
This is a fern that Lonn's grandma gave me. She told me how this fern is from cuttings of a fern that was given to her in 1974 by her sister-n-law! She's continued duplicating it, and now I have one!
Of course I couldn't wait to do the same, so here are the beginnings of my first baby from Grandma's fern!
(Oops, got distracted blogging. Pretty sure I just burnt the quiche in the oven. Blogging is definitely a cooking hazard... :-0)

No comments:

Post a Comment