Thursday, September 30, 2010

I found this adorable, albeit incomplete, little stool at a thrift store for $12 and thought it was the perfect piece to try my hand at a furniture makeover! Although it didn't have a top, I saw potential!
I sanded it down.....
Here's what it looked like after sanding, and before painting. I had already began painting the other side so you can see a little white paint. I didn't take pictures of the making of the top, SHAME! But the hubs measured a piece of plywood and I then covered it in some cheap cotton fabric to put the batting in. I then cut my fabric; (don't you LOVE the fabric!?!? I do!) and began stapling away with my staple gun. Tah-Dah, here she is!


I am absolutely in love...maybe because it was my first one! I hope you enjoyed!
Love and blessings,



Friend Finding Fridays

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a great job. I have always wanted to do something like that. Thanks for the inspiration!! Also thanks for linking up.

    Xoxo, Supermom Alysha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stool you made! Nice work!

    I'm your newest follower. I look forward to reading more!

    Follow me at http://heavenlymommy.com when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/01/2010

    Great job - It looks good.

    Following you from Supermoms FFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its wonderful...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the fabric you chose, so pretty! I've always been intimidated by furniture redos and admire everyone who attempts them!

    Thanks for stopping by Sew Super Sweet earlier this week and I totally agree! The Friends episode where they compete for the apartment is one of the best! Thanks for adding it to the list!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm your newest follower from Friend Finding Fridays! I absolutely love your blog! I hope you get a chance to check mine out!

    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! You did wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done, looks beautiful ! So, when can I pick it up ;-)

    ReplyDelete